Thursday 6 March 2014

Fire and Ocean

Whenever I look into her eyes I see fire.
She once told me that I was pacific
Calm, and calming like the sea. 
I've been drawn to her since the day we met. 

I've been going through my whole life thinking surely, 
surely there must be someone out there that understands...
Surely there exists more than just me. 
And there she was. 

Eyes sparkling, fierce and untamed, 
looking as if laughing at me- with me- at my silliness for not believing 
(as if saying, "Of course we exist!")
- staring right inside without a blink.

I'm holding her gaze, looking inside and she is smiling. 
Outside she giggles. The way only she can giggle.
Wild child, like the universe just threw her right there in front of me. 

We're friends now, hanging out sometimes. 
Busy bees the both of us but its OK. 
When we talk, its special.
We go out. We dance. We drink. 
I meet her plethora of friends. 
They become my friends.

She falls pregnant. 
I don't see her for a long time, but its OK. 
She has a beautiful baby girl. Saggitarius.
We rejoice. 

When I see her again its a happy accident.
She's on her way to a performance. 
I'm waiting for someone who isn't committed. 
So I follow her and get mesmerized again, 
capturing these moments on camera. 

I have to go. 
She walks me to the bus. 
We hold hands and walk silently together.

On the interweb I tell her just how I feel.
She say's she's been wondering what that look in my eye is. 
I know she can see.

Nothing changes.
Except maybe, we live in different cities now. 
We keep meeting briefly. 
I am no longer friends with her friends.
She is no longer friends with some of those friends.


We meet briefly again before I leave the country. 
I tell her I came only for her because my heart has already left. 
We embrace for a long long time. 

My boyfriend tells me she is the only one of my friends that he likes.
My boyfriends' often tell me too much.
And then I am gone. 

In my mind those wild eyes are imprinted. Spirited windows with the fire I have always wanted to have. I guess now I have it. In her. She is Gemini. I am Gemini. Like two parts that fused together form the air element- 
FIRE and OCEAN.




1 comment: