Wednesday 12 February 2014

Race Car

Niggas have mastered the art of head-space invasion!

Nowadays you only make an appearance at the perfect time and suddenly my train of thought stops in its tracks.
Thought patterns at a cul-de-sac , the speaker gets one distraction and in a minute there's verbal accidents.

Officer I...I...he...
He blocked my path! I couldn't see straight, 
I mean I...I couldn't see anything in the room BUT him so I spent the rest of the night ducking conversation and dodging eye contact just to make sure I got to Dignity safe! I swear I was under the drinking limit! Only two glasses of wine and lots of socializing in between. And I was fine until THIS obstacle had me swerving around company and cutting shoulders just to think straight, right until he caught me dead in my tracks, throwing a conversation curve-ball right across the room aimed directly at me.

Before long my wheel had rolled off and I was babbling aimlessly as if I'd suffered injury to my head. This proper-girl  lady-like-and-prudish fort giving way  to a flood of giggles and embarrassed blushes.

I'm not actually enjoying this.
Like any self-esteemed fine driver I abruptly readjusted the wheel and promptly sealed the conversation.

You could swear I was a race-car, the way I need the chase.

And swiftly trailing off to another end of the room to make small talk I left him there, probably wondering if either of us was modelled right for the other or whether that brief conversation was a hit or miss.

In the morning I'm replaying   the accident in my mind worried that it may never happen again. Wondering if schizophrenic race-cars actually get chases or if they end up miserably managing the traffic in their heads.
So I get my phone out and send a text, hoping that I can pave a clean path for us to stroll on

Only...

You don't seem to remember anything about about the accident. Its Schizophrenia meets Alzheimer's! Or was it Dumb& Dumber and the Bullshit?
Either way, I'm thanking my lucky stars that I wasn't Fast & Furious because now it looks like you would've been Gone in 60 seconds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment