Tuesday 19 February 2013

I miss Pietermaritzburg!

Today I realised that my life will never be the same again. I miss home today. I miss driving home late at night with my dad, I miss the family sitting around the tv. I miss my moms kitchen and preparing food there or watching my parents having breakfast at the kitchen table in the morning, arguing about whatever. I miss the garden and the spinach growing there, being sent to pick some. I miss seeing dad in the garden with his gardening boots and I miss sitting outside with my dogs in the sun or at the veranda in the shade. I miss sneaking out at night to watch the stars or meditate. I miss retreating to my cosy little room. I miss washing dishes at the kitchen sink and singing in the toilet. I miss greeting the neighbors and having my hair done next door. I miss our couch, or sleeping with mom when dad's away. I miss complaining to dad about the loud tv when I'm trying to sleep. I miss hearing dad come home at night completely unaware of how loud his car radio is while he parks. I miss home. I miss the post office and the taxi rides home and the interesting people in them. I even kinda miss the taxi conductors arguing about which taxi I should get into when they recognise me at the taxi rank. I miss that the taxi drivers knew who I was and where my stop was. I miss watching the sunset over the mountains from my sisters window. I miss Scottsville and hanging around 50's with my best friends. I miss the Msunduzi River and the people canoeing on it. I miss the bridge with the hobos that live under it. I miss the jacaranda trees that make me sneeze in the Spring when they bloom full purple decorating the city! Boy, I miss Pietermaritzburg!

 

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you were missing home, but I enjoyed picturing it through your description. =)

    ReplyDelete