Monday 8 September 2014

Untitled

A whirlwind stirred 
And in it I grew 
Spinning amongst the worlds
Collecting dust and flowers and debris

I threw out the old ideas
Guilt and fear and wonder 
And once I thinned so drastically 
Learned that these had forged most of my being 

I swayed round and round so fragile amongst the mists
That in all the turmoil of the everyday spin- about
The shadows broke me
At the hip I fell apart 

Beat about in the rising dusts 
Pleaded with the earth for a rock to hold on
Pleaded with the heavens for for rain
And once the drizzle came, planted myself like a seed
Firm in the ground

Now I will wait for the sun
Now I will hide behind a rock and follow the light
Despite the winds, I will rest my head gently on the moss that grows on it 
and fix my eyes on the sun

Enjoy every beautiful day that preludes the winter 
Wear my colors proud against the grey 
Feed and breed and dare to dream of tomorrow
And never again be afraid of the wind. 


No comments:

Post a Comment